Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Tried a new casserole

What's for dinner? A question that gets asked so very often and I really enjoy having a new answer to that question. Last night I made a new recipe called "Hearty Chicken & Noodle Casserole". The recipe used items I keep on hand in my pantry. Love that!! The only change I'll make to the recipe next time is add bit more seasoning. There is a 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper in it, but the dish seemed to be missing something and both my husband and myself added a dash of seasoning to it on our plates.


Hearty Chicken & Noodle Casserole from Campbell's

1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup (I used the healthier type)
1/2 cup milk
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 grated Parmesan cheese
1 cup of frozen mixed vegetables ( I added 1/4 cup of extra corn to this too because we LOVE corn)
2 cups cubed cooked chicken
2 cups medium egg noodles cooked and drained
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese

Stir soup, milk, black pepper, Parmesan cheese, vegetables, chicken and noodles in 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.

Bake at 400 degrees for 25 minutes or until hot. Stir and top with Cheddar cheese.

1 comment:

Gretchyn said...

Mmmm, this one sounds like good wintertime comfort food! I'll have to give it a try. YUM!