Thursday, December 13, 2012

Hot and Cold - A Birthday Card

The challenge on Wednesday at 365 Cards was hot and cold.  As I went out the day today this has been on my mind as I needed to make a card for a friends upcoming birthday.  This friend is a man and this always seems to stump me.  Making a card for a man.  Girls...easy.  Women...easy.  Boys...easy.  Men...not so easy.

I wanted the card to be festive and happy but not foofy.  Here is what I came up with using the hot and cold challenge.

 
I chose a blue that was slightly turquoise and a red that was a bit more orange so it wouldn't take on a 4 of July feel. 

 
The colors carried through on the inside too.
 
 

2 comments:

Stephanie Buice said...

cery cute Tam! I miss you :)

Squirrel said...

Hi sweetie, Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day. Missing you on the boards.
Rosey x