Friday, June 18, 2010

A Dinosaur

My current, and I guess last, Mercury.


Well you can tell from the photo I'm not really talking about a dinosaur. However Ford Motor Company has announced that they are going to stop producing the Mercury label. This makes my car a bit like a Dinosaur, the last of its kind. I've been a licensed driver now for 17 years and minus one year where I drove a Jeep Wrangler, I've always driven a Mercury. I can't hardly imagine not driving one. I tend to get in a car and fall in love with it, not wanting to part with it. I like knowing how it handles, where are the buttons are and even why it might have a nick or two in the paint. Now I'm really not going to want to part with my Mercury this time around. She is still lovely and I'm going to be even more attached to her now.





Me with my original Mercury, a 1990 Mercury Topaz XR5, as a teenager. I drove 90,000 miles in that Mercury.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: