Saturday, September 4, 2010

Return Visit

Dry Falls State Park...this is another place I would like to head back to one of these days. Maybe in the spring so the landscape looks a bit different from these photos I have of it from 2003. The photos I have aren't even that good. They are from the old film camera I had as I visited a year before I got my first digital. Back in the day of having to carry rolls of film on vacation and then having to wait to see if you got the photo right. Gah! Hard to imagine those days now.

Dry Falls was once the worlds largest water fall the cliffs and dry basin area are all that remain today. As the world shifted after the last ice age this was one of the changes. Geology can be interesting and beautiful stuff.


Dry Falls looking southeast


Dry Falls looking northeast

No comments: