Thursday, May 19, 2011

Amazing Days in Olympic National Park

The sunshine comes out and you cannot help but want to get in the car and drive. At least not with sights like these near. At least that is how I feel. ;)

Lake Crescent
Hwy 101 hugging the edge of the lake and lets just say it now...Should you visit the park please come very close to obeying the speed limit.  This is a national park so that means a speeding ticket is a federal offense.  In other words if you want to ignore it thinking, "Oh that was all the way up there in Washington and I am down here Florida."  Think again.  You'll get a visit from the US Marshalls and you'll have a federal warrant for your arrest.  So deal with a ticket should you get one.  Or just be really crazy and just drive the speed limit through the park.  I know what an outlandish idea!
I was so excited to see this goose!  This is the same goose from last year that I joked should not be called a Canadian Goose when it is clearly an American Goose.  Nesting here on a log in the lake.
Lake Crescent has an amazing color and clarity that is quite difficult to capture in photos.  The log jetting out allowed for me to do that.  It is almost blue you see much further south in the sea of the Caribbean.
Here we are at the destination of the day...Ruby Beach.

Destruction Island

I wish I could put on here the sound of the waves crashing on the beach and around the sea stacks. 
 
It is spring and so everything is in bloom.

2 comments:

Stephanie Buice said...

Tam, your pics are awesome!

Tamara said...

Thanks Steph! :)