Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Back in the Saddle...

Okay well at least back in the scrap room. I haven't been in a saddle in more than two decades! This past weekend I hosted my groups crop and when they left the house the bug didn't leave with them. I think it helps that I have a friend that has jumped in head first to making cards and I have been helping her get started on her stash. The joys of hanging out in craft stores!! Tonight I have spent hours up in my scrap room and my scrap desk shows the damage. There are buttons, bling, flowers and papers about as well as a smile upon my face. Two cards already in the mail. One more soon to be on the way and a scrap page done.
I couldn't help but think of a certain gal who used to be my almost constant scrap buddy when her husband still had the night patrol shift in Alabama. My webcam still seems too quiet when I am scrapping without her on there chatting with me! It is funny when I was working on a card tonight I couldn't find the right stamp but I know she has it in her stash! That is how often we scrapped together.
Here is some of what I was working on tonight...


I lifted this idea, sort of, from the March 2009 Cards edition. I changed the size, papers, colors, and layout a bit. Other than that it is EXACTLY the same card!



This is a page for an album on a trip to Mazatlan in February 2007 with my husband's family. I got to use my new EK punch on it that folds flat. I am loving those for storage and wish they had come out about 10 years ago when I first started buying punches!

2 comments:

Squirrel said...

Yay! Welcome back to the addiction!
You haven't lost your knack with colour - beautiful.
Rosey x

Tamara said...

Thank you on both accounts Rosey!!

Tamara