Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Busy Weekend

What a weekend! Friends visiting from Seattle and then my husband & I headed over to Seattle for a baseball game on Sunday with friends that were in town from Michigan. It was busy, busy and a lot of fun!

Butchart Garden in Victoria, BC Canada on Friday

Love this view of the Sunken Garden out of the little cabin window atop the hill. Wish I had a backyard like this!


My favorite statue at the garden. I always am captured by her peace and the way her hands seem to be ready to give a gift. Maybe the gift of her heart, of love to another.

Pink roses are my favorite flower and there are so many to enjoy there.

This rose is from the USA and had such an unusual color. We were describing it as a steel grey red. The rose is named Hot Chocolate.

My friend was snapping photos and I managed to end up in one of the. Odd to see myself in a photo as I am so very often the only one with a camera. So the red head in the red jacket? Yep that is me checking out the flowers.

Here Leslie and I are at Hurricane Ridge. 18 miles to the top from Port Angeles. It is a world away up into the mountains. We were up there on Saturday to enjoy a beautiful early afternoon as her husband had never gotten to enjoy the Olympic mountains up close.


Here we are doing what old friends do...tease and laugh down by the ocean. One of the amazing things about Port Angeles is that within 30 minutes you can go from the mountains to the salt water.


Sunday found us in Seattle at Safeco Field the home of the Seattle Mariner's. They were playing my team, the Minnesota Twins!


Some of the action on the field.

No comments: