Wednesday, March 2, 2011

True Companion


He is mine. Always faithful and always waiting for me when I return home. I was folding some laundry today when I turned around and saw this...him napping with his favorite toy behind him. The moment was too perfect to pass up. I was glad that my camera was only about two steps away from me. His naps are getting longer these days and his playtimes much shorter. I know the day is coming when he won't be at the top of the stairs to greet me when I return at the end of a day out so I need to enjoy each and every moment left. This month Rom turns 13. This is quite old for a large breed dog. At his prime Rom was a very strong 150 pounds. Quite a gentle giant. Well unless you were the wall in a our back hallway. He put a rather large hole in it one day with a floss toss rope toy as he was throwing his head side to side. Right then the decision was made...no more tosses for large dogs. Then on he received the toss made for small to medium dogs. Rom could throw his head side to side as much as he wanted and the house was still standing at the end of the day.

He has been an amazing companion, the truest of companions. I hope with all my heart that our time together is not as limited as it might seem.

No comments: